COGA’s LEAD program is dedicated to the Leadership Education and Development of state and local elected officials, and their staff. The program is designed to serve as a resource for elected officials, giving them access to the latest information, studies, and news about the oil and gas industry. Components of this program include:
- Site Tours - Field trips can include rig tours, production facility tours, gas plant tours, LDAR tours, and other hands-on opportunities.
- Educational Seminars - During the legislative session, COGA facilitates educational seminars for legislators highlighting the most relevant issues in the industry.
- Newsletter - This thoughtful communication includes important industry news, COGA content pieces, COGA blogs and press releases, scientific research, and information on educational events designed for elected officials.
- New Legislator Reception - In election years (most recently December 2018), COGA congratulates newly elected legislators and caucus leadership with a welcome reception.
- Day at the Capitol - Annually during the legislative session, COGA organizes an opportunity for industry employees to advocate and build relationships at the state Capitol. This event puts a face on the vital contributions oil and gas makes to the state of Colorado and increases legislators’ understanding and value of the industry.
- End of Session Review - Annually, after the legislature adjourns, COGA hosts a breakfast featuring a bipartisan panel of lawmakers to discuss the previous legislative session and Colorado’s energy future with COGA members.
- State Legislator Q&A Forum - One of our most popular Energy Summit programs, this dynamic panel provides COGA members with personal access to the leaders who shape Colorado’s energy policy.
For information on COGA’s LEAD program, including sponsorship opportunities, please contact Chelsea Nunnenkamp.