COGA’s LEAD program is dedicated to the Leadership Education and Development of state and local elected officials, and their staff. The program is designed to serve as a resource for elected officials, giving them access to the latest information, studies, and news about the oil and gas industry. Components of this program include:
- Site Tours - Field trips can include rig tours, production facility tours, gas plant tours, LDAR tours, and other hands-on opportunities.
- Educational Seminars - During the legislative session, COGA facilitates educational seminars for legislators highlighting the most relevant issues in the industry.
- Newsletter - This thoughtful communication includes important industry news, COGA content pieces, COGA blogs and press releases, scientific research, and information on educational events designed for elected officials.
- New Legislator Reception - In election years (most recently December 2018), COGA congratulates newly elected legislators and caucus leadership with a welcome reception.
- Day at the Capitol - Annually during the legislative session, COGA organizes an opportunity for industry employees to advocate and build relationships at the state Capitol. This event puts a face on the vital contributions oil and gas makes to the state of Colorado and increases legislators’ understanding and value of the industry.
- End of Session Review - Annually, after the legislature adjourns, COGA hosts a breakfast featuring a bipartisan panel of lawmakers to discuss the previous legislative session and Colorado’s energy future with COGA members.
- State Legislator Q&A Forum - One of our most popular Energy Summit programs, this dynamic panel provides COGA members with personal access to the leaders who shape Colorado’s energy policy.